Thursday, June 15, 2006

Funnylifian & I


Yeah, Its been 3 days and 171 visitors, reasonable performance for a first time blogger, in fact 5th time blogger. I rampantly search orkut for my old friends , friends whom I haven’t seen for a long long time..

I meet funnylifian, yeah I met around june of 2001, we’ve been reasonable friends if you could say that. But what I’d like to say about him is his few facts that makes him special.

I’ve been a thorough nerd during my school years, well no one can complain about that anymore. I remember those days when I used to sit in the last bench or the second last and listen to the drone of chemistry or physics on why hexane is made this way or why the sky is blue , why can’t it be red like the girl in the amity advert.

Money and I are like birds in a tree, they come they go. But funnylifian was sure of what he wanted, he used to save a lot of money, he used to always carry a big fat wad of 100’s or 500’s , always sure of what his future had for him. He used to study well. I don’t know about the present. Anyways I never used to study and I still don’t coz my exams are just 4 days away and I sit and write this. He used to have this sony’s tiniest walkman he used to bring to school and listen to music from it. He used to do pretty cool tricks and making it fall onto his shoes when teacher caught him.Sad I bought an ipod, its white wire shows up in whatever you’re wearing.


I remember those days when he taught me a subtle lesson in few things. I believe around October 2002 when we thought these days would never end. We used to make so much theory on thought.. machines and ideas. If you read his blog you’ll know about the a4 paper he keeps in his wallet. Well he used to do it in school as well. I remember when we used to write crazy theorems. Machines far efficient in mind than in practice.

The one thing that he did wrong to me was that he used to show around my work, whatever I’ve written to all others, I’m pretty protective of whatever I do. Atleast I consider it as personal. Unless of course it’s the next big thing since the internet kind of idea.

I used to believe in music , but not as much since Funnylifian taught me about Bryan Adams.(oh yeah he’s a big fan & so am I ) and Mettallica, I used to hate soft songs and hard metal. But he made me appreciate music as a person, an individual with a soul.

The second lesson he taught me is to be honest and own up whatever I’ve done. The lesson 2 was a very difficult one. The incident goes like this , another friend of mine provokes me to crack into his mail id for fun, yeah … yeah it’s fun when you are 17 nothing to worry about and above the law as a juvenile. Anyway I did it. The next thing I know is that funnylifian comes over to me and asks me why is it possible for someone to get into my id or something like that I guess someone have done that to me. I lied to coverup something nasty I did to him.

The truth surfaces, always it does. And it did. From his blog u can learn that he doesn’t like someone lying to him. That day onwards, we grew apart. Ideas became a mere piece of paper. Sitting there in the wallet, crumbling into the future.

So that’s the deal between funnylifian and I, I’d never forget him for what he’s taught me. For the whacky ideas we used to entertain.

Arbid Thoughts - Funnylifian

No comments: