No one usually questions me or even provokes a single thought in my mind on the stuff i name. Its weird to say it, buts its really true.
But recently(11 months back) Somebody realllly senior and authoritative question on my naming styles, and that provoked a spark in what i name.
I generally do ask around a whole bunch of people for some suggestions and end up with nothing., and i take the creative liberty to name all of my projects as well as the ones teams are present.[Disclaimer : Not Related to Work]
Like for instance, my initial naming style was so skewed, i named stuff Cr3ati, that's"Creative" when the 'ive' is dropped and 'e' is reversed for a '3'; and pronounced as "Crati", as similar to a "Crate", with a tagline "Creative Boredom"
Please note my wierd obsession of using a single quote for characters and double quotes for Strings. How Lame.
Anyways that's the old story. Moving on to more recent namings.
- Why: I'm lazy and i work ?
- What: College Major Project + other project(s) home page in future
- Where: Online
- When: Since Jan 2007
- How: I really dont know, it happened
- Why: I wanted to do whatever i wanted to do
- What: Flex based project, thats kinda very responsible for what i'm doing now, probably my future too
- Where: Done at home, took about 3 months intially, improved it with another month of work
- When: Idea was as old as from 2005, but never had a tool to work it out with, but actual work started on it late November.
- Project Capital Indigo
- Project TrackMe
Once upon a time i had even used the correct spelling as a password !
But guess what, its so unique, people have been starting to mimic names like that. So i guess mimicing is the best form of flattery